Top 10 Blogging No No’s I Keep Repeating
You have to love blogging to keep blogging. It can be a wonderful way to make friends, help people, and refine your writing skills. It can also take time, feel overwhelming, and frustrate the heck out of you.
I am never more overwhelmed than after I read a how-to blogging article. I usually don’t understand at least 7 concepts in the article and end up with a constricted chest, gasping for air. I just want to write, not code two pop-up subscription boxes and test their conversion rates. Please don’t make me run SEO analysis, I am merely a humble juicer and stay-at-home mom. I like to help people. Not craft misleading titles to lure innocent people into my world of quinoa.
No, marketing isn’t my strength, so I owe all of you loyal readers to the slow and steady spread of the Dalai blog. Thanks for passing it along, my friends, because I seem to be doing my best to break all the rules.
According to every article I’ve read, I’m doing mostly everything wrong and hitting some top taboos with vengeance….
1. I write about everything. The internet does not appreciate my diversity. It confuses google (and probably my readers. Sorry)
2. I will go days without tweeting or checking Face Book
3. I do not have a free ebook to offer
4. I will skip a day or two if my life gets busy AND I blog on different days (heavens!)
5. I am totally clueless what to do with my Google+ account
6. I do not count how many times I have the word “detox” in each post
7. I don’t do enough titles with “Top Ten…” in them (did today’s work?)
8. My tags would likely make SEO expert laugh
9. I am terrible about commenting on other blogs I love
10. And finally…I don’t have giveaway contests (yet!)
But, you all keep coming back, so I must be doing something right. I like to think I have extremely intelligent fans who appreciate a rogue warrior forging her own path through cyber space. I’m paving my own way, one post at a time. Thanks for hanging with me.
Anyone else out there ignore the rules?