Foto Friday

Sometimes you just need to play hookie

Pissy Missy has been BEGGING me to take her to the Kemper Museum of Modern Art. We pass by this sculpture every day on the way home from school but we never seem to have the time to go in. So, yesterday I decided to pick her up early and have our own field trip, ice-cream included.  She won’t remember the hour missed from school, but I bet she will never forget hour she spent with me (and the Sad Giant) I hope your weekend is filled with exploration!

I know, it is sad when the fun comes to an end (and your ice-cream is all gone…)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comments
9 Responses to “Foto Friday”
  1. Jane says:

You should have stopped by Generator Studio’s project on the lawn of the Nelson too!

• linadickinson says:

I’ve seen it and it is amazing! I need to talk to them and get an explanation of their vision. If there is a link, can you reply and attach it so people can see it?

2. Erin says:

We usually head to the Laumeier sculpture park in STL, but the kids are starting to get bored with it. I didn’t know about Kemper…I see a field trip in our future! Thanks for the inspiration!

• linadickinson says:

I love taking the kids to STL. There are so many things there! We don’t’ have quite as many, but with the Lego exploration center and the new aquarium, we are getting there! If you com over, but sure to look me up! xo Lina

3. What an AWESOME mom you are! Love the photos, too. What’s life without playing hookie?

Happy weekend, sister!

xxoo

4. Kimberly says:

Love that you had such a fabulous time at the Kemper…my boys love the new modern art facility. Which reminds me…we really should go…maybe we’ll take an afternoon off and sneak away for art and ice cream too!

5. jeanne says:

My mom used to do this for me every now and then and I still remember those days! You are making special memories….=)